Like many things in life, Seeing Spots Photography started out as a happy accident. In 2002 I started volunteering my photography skills for an equine rescue (www.scrrescue.org) from which I eventually adopted my horse “Spot”. The name of the business is an homage to the circumstances that lead me down to this photographic journey. 🙂
Fun facts about me:
– I grew up in Connecticut (a small state in the New England region of the USA, known mostly for its fall foliage)
– I’ve been taking photos most of my life, but it wasn’t until a trip to Spain and Portugal in 1999 that I discovered a love of travel and landscape image
– I have since learned everything from black and white film development to current digital photography trends.
– I love bad jokes and chapstick is a daily occurrence, regardless of the weather.
– I author / co-author things!
– I have a visual memory. I’ll remember your face, but your name may take a few tries.
– I have a dog whom we refer to as “The Captain of the Doggie Seas”. I couldn’t really explain it even if I wanted to.
– I really enjoy helping others shape their images. I currently offer private photo consult sessions – in the field, editing help, and “feedback sessions” where we break down an image with the intent to build upon it – and have workshops planned for later this year.
– Photography is a huge source of joy and inspiration in my life, and I absolutely love sharing that experience with others. Never hesitate to reach out to me…I love talking shop. Or photo-shop, as the case may be. haha
For more information about Seeing Spots Photography, contact me (Shannon) at: